The iConquerMS™ Research Committee is responsible for providing oversight and advice for iConquerMS™ research-related activities, including:
- Informing researchers about iConquerMS™ and encouraging them to develop studies using iConquerMS™ resources
- Facilitating engagement between researchers and iConquerMS™ members
- Informing network members about the research process and soliciting their input on iConquerMS™ research activities including individual studies
- Facilitating the development of new research studies based on topics of importance to the iConquerMS™ community
- Publishing and disseminating results from iConquerMS™-supported studies
In addition, the Research Committee also provides final review and approval of all research studies to be conducted through iConquerMS™.
Research Committee members include clinicians, researchers, and others chosen for their expertise and commitment to patient-powered research. Several members are people with MS who bring direct experience with the disease to their role on this committee. The committee meets by web conference every 2 months.