The iConquerMS™ Research Committee is responsible for providing oversight and advice for iConquerMS research-related activities, including:
- Informing researchers about iConquerMS and encouraging them to develop studies using iConquerMS resources
- Facilitating engagement between researchers and iConquerMS members
- Informing network members about the research process and soliciting their input on iConquerMS research activities including individual studies
- Facilitating the development of new research studies based on topics of importance to the iConquerMS community
- Publishing and disseminating results from iConquerMS-supported studies
In addition, the Research Committee also provides final review and approval of all research studies to be conducted through iConquerMS.
Research Committee members include clinicians, researchers, and others chosen for their expertise and commitment to patient-powered research. Several members are people with MS who bring direct experience with the disease to their role on this committee. The committee meets by web conference every 2 months.